Thursday 4 November 2010

Logo Analysis

We wanted to be professional with how we run our radio station, so if we were to advertise this properly we needed to create a logo, so the audience can recognise the logo anywhere.

Whilst creating my logo the idea of shapes came to me from looking at different radio logos in the logo itself a shape of some sort appears. Here are some examples



(Xtra)
(htt)

As you can see by the examples that I have referenced, that radio stations that use shapes will attract a number of audiences. If I could take this into consideration I could show the professionalism of my logo, yet I know that other well known radio stations do not use many shapes I felt that using shapes on the logo could draw in other viewers that haven’t seen this logo and then get them to listen to our radio station, this can improve our audience.

Below is my logo and you can see how including shapes in other companies’ logos have influenced me in to adding in shapes. I haven’t just included shapes but I have also made the logo colourful to try and attract different types of people of our target audience. By this logo the audience are still unaware of what style of music we play, although, the audience might recognise by the style of the logo and the colours is that we will not be playing heavy metal music or dark style of music, it seems like we will be playing a quite upbeat style of music, also by looking at the style and conventions of the logo it could be interoperated that we play reggae style music which is not what we wish to play. This theory arose when see the colourful circle as the sun and the font of the lettering could represent a Caribbean style radio show…..which we are not.

Here is my second logo that I created for the radio show as you can see the style is completely different and sends out a different message, I also changed radio to fm because after more research all the radio stations that broadcast for our target audience the words fm is more frequently used more than radio so deciding to do this is to try and register with our target audience. Though after looking more closely at the logo, the lack of colour could really jeopardise our logo into not attracting the audience so I decided to add a little colour to it.

Here is the new logo a little colour was added to emphasis the fm and also separates the two words to make both stand out in there own ways. I’ve I added colour to the word ‘phresh’ the whole empowerment of the phrase would be gone and it would just look like a disaster. Like the Caribbean style logo it sent out a message saying that we play calming music but this logo gives out the impression that the music we play is very urban and up to date with the chart music. The reason to why I chose the colour was because there is already a TV channel that try and reach to the younger generation and the type of teenagers that we are trying to target so I chose to have the same colours as them so the target audience could try and link us to the channel U.



The only problem with this logo is that the lack of shapes isn’t really attracting the audience that
we intend to target.

So I created a logo with a shape and the colour that our target audience would recognise and link with other radio stations/tv channels that idolise the style of music that we plan to play. I thought having a little shape on the logo wouldn't be neccessary so I added a circle where the audience could recognise it instanly. The idea of how the shape should be made and how it looks came from how the planet jupiter is with the circle representing the orbit. I feel that if this logo is picked for our main show logo our audience would see it representing a style of music which our they like and the logo saying so much with a simple design.




No comments:

Post a Comment